Wednesday 29 June 2011

The 5th Annual International Robotic Sailing Competition

Dear Sailbot fans everywhere,

What a great year we've had, and the competition was the perfect ending. We ended up scoring 40.1 points out of 50 available, winning four of the five events by a slim margin. Thunderbird was the fastest boat at the competition, but her speed was not quite enough to beat the US Naval Academy's Gil the Boat, who eked out 40.8 total points by autonomously navigating the 10 km long distance course. It was a fantastic contest, which was extremely competitive through the final event. I hope you'll enjoy the video I put together, and forgive me for my poor camera-man skills - I'm only an engineer after all!

Thank you for the incredible support that you (our friends, families, girlfriends, sponsors, professors and advisors) have given us over the course of this extremely demanding project. It is an experience that I and my team members will never forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUBQQoSECmo

3 comments:

  1. The Star Wars-like introduction made me laugh. This seems like a really great event. This is the first time that I came across Robotic Sailing but I kind of like it.

    free sailboats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to here about International Robotic
    Sailing Competition. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this some thing very unique place. where you can enjoyed your trip. i have a great expereince of Yachts in Dubai

    ReplyDelete